Chiropractic care enhances a family’s overall health through proper spinal hygiene. Founded upon research and 100 years of understanding that true healing comes from within your body, chiropractic patients report they get sick less often, have more energy, have increased clarity of thought, and have less stress in their bodies and lives.
Provide an Essential Component to Reach…
Chiropractic care is an essential component to reach your maximum health potential. Chiropractic, like dentistry, has a vision of wellness, not just treating pain. Just as regular maintenance of your teeth and gums avoids dental crises, regular Chiropractic Care avoids malfunction of the spine, called a subluxation that causes interference from your nervous system to wherever it goes in to your body.
Like tooth decay that comes from neglect, subluxations are often preventable. Many adults suffer from subluxations that don’t translate into immediate pain or symptoms that may have started in childhood.
Chiropractic Spinal Adjustments:
We have a technique that will work for you
According to the World Health Organization, chiropractic care is safe and effective for the prevention and management of a number of health problems when “employed skillfully and appropriately,”
Chiropractors employ a variety of medically proven techniques when adjusting the spine, including:
- Toggle Drop – this is when the chiropractor, using crossed hands, presses down firmly on a particular area of the spine. Then, with a quick and precise thrust, the chiropractor adjusts the spine. This is done to improve mobility in the vertebral joints.
- Lumbar Roll (aka side posture) – the chiropractor positions the patient on his or her side, then applies a quick and precise manipulative thrust to the misaligned vertebra, returning it to its proper position.
- Release Work – the chiropractor applies gentle pressure using his or her fingertips to separate the vertebrae.
- Table adjustments – The patient lies on a special table with sections that drop down. The chiropractor applies a quick thrust at the same time the section drops. The dropping of the table allows for a lighter adjustment without the twisting positions that can accompany other techniques.
- Instrument adjustments – often the gentlest methods of adjusting the spine. The patient lies on the table face down while the chiropractor uses a spring-loaded activator instrument to perform the adjustment. This technique is often used to perform adjustments on animals as well.
Correct Misalignments of Your Spinal Joints…
A misalignment (subluxation) of your spinal joints, pelvis or skull interferes with the flow of this information through your nervous system. One of the major function of your nervous system is to inform you about which parts of your body are not functioning properly need your attention. Pain or other obvious symptoms do not always accompany subluxations.
Uncorrected subluxations can lead to spinal degeneration.
Use Gentle and Specific Adjustments to…
Doctors of chiropractic use gentle and specific adjustments to improve the proper function of your spine to remove nervous system interference. We adapt our techniques to treat children, young adults, and older adults.
An adjustment consists of a very specific, painless force applied to the spine or pelvis. By doing this, we gently free up your nervous system interference and allow your body to heal itself so you can reach your maximum health potential.
Back Pain Relief Without Drugs or Surgery
While low back pain is a common problem, it doesn’t have to be a common part of everyday life. Chiropractors advise staying as active as possible and sticking to a normal routine, since bed rest for longer than a few days can actually slow down recovery. Most low back pain is not serious. It is normally caused by overuse, strain, or injury. Rarely, low back pain is caused by a more serious condition such as a herniated disc or osteoarthritis. If pain lasts more than a few days or gets worse, it may be advisable to make an appointment with a chiropractor.
By determining the cause of a patient’s low back pain, chiropractors get to the source of the problem and develop a treatment plan, which may include a combination of exercises to strengthen the back, manipulation to realign the spine, improve mobility of joints and soft tissues, and education about how to take better care of the back to relieve pain in the long term.